CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 8, 2010

A Busy Weekend

This weekend was so sunny and nice out. It was fabulous weather to do some projects. Ryleigh spent two whole days playing outside and she LOVED it!!!
Thanks to Jake for being such a help in watching Ryleigh, I was able to sand and paint two dressers!!!This was the first dresser that I painted, we have it in our dining room and I was tired of looking at the ugly brown so I decided to paint it and put on new hardware. It was an experiment before I did the BIG dresser.I found a $100 dresser on Craigslist for Ryleigh and I am SOOOO happy with how it turned out!
The dresser was very old looking, it is solid wood, very heavy, but I was able to see beyond the ugly stain and funky knobs... It also came with this huge mirror that attaches to the dresser as a vanity but for now we are going to store it in the garage.
Here is the drawer before I sanded it....
Here is the drawer after I sanded it....I found these adorable knobs at the store and bought some matching paint to do the accents.
After all that hard work of sanding and painting, I was rewarded with this outcome...


Beautiful!!! I know.... :o)