CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Armoire Makeover

When we lived in Vancouver I found this armoire on Craigslist for FREE!!!! I just had to have it, I couldn't pass up FREE. I talked Jake into helping me load it in the Envoy and make two trips to get it.... and it is HEAVY!!!! It was pretty ugly but I saw potential in it. So we moved it from our Vancouver garage to Mount Vernon and it sat in the garage for about two months while I tried to decide what I wanted to use it for.... I was debating a bookshelf but where to put it.... then I realized that we have a HUGE bathroom and we needed some sort of storage for medicine, towels, toilet paper, etc.... and the makeover of the armoire began.

 It was made as an armoire for a television so first I took all the old hardware and television accessories out.
 Next I primed it....
 I then painted two coats of white bathroom paint because I was putting it in the bathroom...
 We installed shelving to the top and new hardware ...... and painted the trim black to go with our black and white bedroom/bathroom theme...
 And.... after hauling it upstairs.... (this beast is HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY)... here is the final product!!! I am so excited how it turned out and it was overall an inexpensive project!!!
The total cost was:
Armoire : FREE
Hardware : $5
Paint and Primer : $20 (but only used 1/4 of the paint, so we have MUCH more for future projects! :o)
Shelving : $10

TOTAL : $35

0 comments: