CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 11, 2013

Upstairs Loft

I have procrastinated finishing up the loft upstairs because I was unsure if we would be moving or not. Our lease ended in January and we were wanting to reduce our housing expenses so we looked into purchasing a home but we did not want to settle for something we really were not happy with. Then we decided to look into cheaper rentals, and were still not too happy, so we took a chance and wrote our landlords a letter requesting to reduce our rent a few hundred dollars a months and to our surprise and shock, they accepted! So now that we will be here a couple more years, I finally got motivated to finish up the loft upstairs for Ryleigh.
 I was soooo excited to find deals at JoAnn Fabrics this weekend on canvases and letters and scrapbook paper! The total cost of this room decor including the goodwill painted picture frames, lettering, and all wall art was a little less than $25. YAY!!!
 I found the idea on pinterest to use the $1 bin Target Dr. Seuss canvass bags on an 8x8 canvass and I love how it added such a sparkle to the room.
For the two quotes I used a large canvass from JoAnn's and two pieces of paper as the background and then attached paper lettering, super easy and fun.

For the alphabet I just cut out the lettering in various blue and reds and attached them to the wall with glue dots.

0 comments: