CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Parenthood

Being a parent to a newborn....has been fun!!!
It definitely has been a challenge getting use to 4 - 6 hours of sleep a day, however, it is well worth it!
We had our three day checkup at the hospital and Ryleigh's weight went down to 6lb 5 oz from 6lb 14oz. The nurse said this was completely normal. Everything else checked out normal and she is a healthy/happy baby. :o)
Tomorrow is our first doctor appointment with the pediatrician.

They say that all babies do is eat and sleep but that is not true! They eat, sleep, poop, cry, and stare. Ryleigh loves to look around and stare intently at everything.
I may have a very biased opinion but I think Ryleigh is the cutiest baby ever!
She is our little angel.

Jake has completed his thesis and presented it to the board and he has passed with flying colors! He now has his masters in Biological and Agricultural Engineering. I am so proud of him. Plus he has been a fabulous daddy. He even changes the dirty diapers. I am so lucky to have him around.
Being a parent is a lot of responsibility but Jake and I wouldn't ask for anything different than being a parent to our little girl Ryleigh.

1 comments:

Jess and Eli

Oh Tina, I am SO glad things are going so well! I can't wait to meet Ryleigh; she is a doll!!!