CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 26, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Dollhouse

This project was absolutely fun and I was so happy with how it turned out for Ryleigh. My dad gave me this bookshelf and I Turned it into the Berry Bitty City for Ryleigh's strawberry shortcake dolls.
 I first cleaned and primed the bookshelf. I purchased extra shelving and screwed all shelving into the bookshelf.
 I then attached dividers between shelving for each of the six Strawberry Shortcake characters.
 This is the final product of Raspberry Torte's Fashion Boutique. It has all the little Strawberry Shortcake dresses on little pegs on the left wall. On the back wall are all the little hats on pegs. On the right wall is a floor length mirror.
 Lemon Meringue's Beauty Salon has three hair salon stations and a smoothie bar. It has a little desk with combs and a cash register. I attached stickers of makeup, perfume and other beauty products with modge podge so that Ryleigh wont peel them off. I also modge podged a large lemon on the floor and three little lemons on the floor where the salon chairs go.
 Orange Blossom's Market has the market place in it and I made a little shelf out of popsicle sticks for all the little foods. Ryleigh loves to put the food in the mini shopping cart and push it around.
 Strawberry Shortcake's Cafe was a lot of fun to do. I framed all six of the characters on the walls with mini sticks. I also made a shelf for the blender and cash register. I took a pet bed from our petshop toys for the bed for Pupcake, Strawberry's dog. The little strawberry shelf has a little door and you can take the food in and out.
 Plum Pudding's Dance Studio has mirrors attached on the back wall and I painted the floor to mimic a wood floor. Ryleigh really likes this room because of all the mirrors. I still need to attach a long rod in the back along the mirror to mimic the the dance rod in dance studios.
 Blueberry's Bookstore is still in progress. My mom has a really cute dollhouse bookshelf that I am going to put in this room with books and more. Right now it has the Strawberry Shortcake clubhouse and swing.
 These are a few extras that don't fit inside of the bookshelf, I am thinking about getting a smaller shelf to do an outdoor play area of some sort that will have the pool, vehicles, swing and clubhouse.
 I also am planning to make little drawers to put on the top shelf to put all the little pieces away into.
Ryleigh absolutely loves playing with the dollhouse. I am happy with how it turned out and of course there are a few more additions I will be adding to it but Christmas came pretty fast this year. :o)

0 comments: