CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Kitchen Makeover


I have seen so many pictures of kitchens that were made out of entertainment centers and I knew that what what I wanted to do for Ryleigh's 3rd Birthday gift. I looked for a LONG time for the perfect entertainment center but everything always seemed too big. I started looking when we lived in Vancouver and when we moved to Mount Vernon I found the perfect one on Craigslist for $15 in Bellingham so I bought it! It sat in the garage for almost two months just staring at me while I tried to figure out how exactly I wanted to make it into a kitchen. I ended up drawing a sketch of what I saw for it in my mind and it turned out better than I could have planned!
 I was able to get the stove burners, oven racks and kitchen faucet out of my parents old camping trailer that they are going to trash! All they needed was a little cleaning up and painting.
Jake wasn't too thrilled with the project until it meant he got a new table saw along with other tools... Thanks Mom for the birthday gift for Jake!!!
 We cut two cupboard doors and a oven door.
 Attached hinges, attached oven racks and I found some super cute trim at Lowes!
 Thanks to Jake's perfectionist attitude... we had perfect corners!!!
 I found the spoon, fork, and knife hardware handles on Amazon and HAD TO HAVE THEM!!!!
 We drilled holes for the faucet and cut a hole for the sink which was a bowl from Target.
 Primed and Painted
 The next parts were the most fun doing all the little details. I caulked the sink, put two pieces of flooring for the stove top and put trim around it painted black and attached plexiglass for the stove with trim.
Don't my dad and Jake look thrilled helping me tie up the loose ends just before giving it to Ryleigh?!?!
Trust me...Jake was SO GLAD to have this project finished....haha.
 I just love the stove knobs!!! and I found the salt and pepper shakers at goodwill and painted them!



And it is FINISHED!!!
 Ryleigh actually saw us working on it on and off in the garage but it was never really put together so she paid no attention to it until we got it ALMOST finished and then she realized what it was and just HAD TO PLAY WITH IT!!! I was so glad how excited she was because it took ALOT of work but was worth it in the end!!!
 We added her food and utensils and her kitchen is done!


now... I have started thinking about Christmas.... and I already know what I want to make...